A crate of old records


The Human Element

I’ve been having a good hard think about how to shoot this project. Not the music clip (which should be at the fore of my mind as Director), but the Doco. Something that I really don’t want for this project is magazine quality. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve seen a show on a band that documents their lives falling apart, and felt no remorse whatsoever. There’s something about sit-down interviews with musicians that leave me to wonder if they’re just hiding behind that screen of smoke pouring from their cigarette, and secretly crumbling under the weight of all that bling and ginormous sunglasses. It’s that human element that lets us connect to these people. I don’t want to know every single personal detail, I just want to feel some sort of thread of reality.

There’s something about celebrity that just makes my skin crawl. Celebrities are people too – they just happen to have a job where they are widely acknowledged. It’s just the whole putting these people on such a huge pedestal that some people seem to believe they come from another universe - whether they’re Angelina Jolie, or that guy who sings in that band. So I want to break it down, James Brown. Get to know these people for who they really are – ordinary people. Let’s just hope we can pull it off.

0 Responses to “The Human Element”

Post a Comment



© 2006 A crate of old records | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.